Otay Mesa regular car border directions
If you’re looking to beat the traffic of Tijuana and the crowds of San Ysidro, we recommend taking the Otay Mesa border crossing. The easiest way to do this if you’re coming from south of Rosarito is to take the Boulevard 2000. We put together step-by-step directions from the free road or toll road where the Blvd 2000 begins to the Otay Mesa border crossing. We also have a PDF of the Otay Mesa border directions that you can download to print and take with you!
1. The beginning of the Blvd 2000 is located at Popotla just south of Baja Studios GPS: 32.285045, -117.031409. You can access it from the free road (km 33) or from the northbound toll road.
2. Turn onto the Blvd. 2000 and head east for 25 miles.
3. After about 25 miles, you’ll see a turn off to the right for “TIJUANA/SAN DIEGO.” Take this exit to the right.
4. Drive with precaution around the hairpin turn. This will take you onto Mex 2. Continue for 4 miles on Mex 2.
5. You’ll see a large overhead sign directing traffic. Continue straight on this road and follow signs for “GARITA DE OTAY”
6. In a few blocks you’ll see signs for “GARITA DE OTAY” to the right. Follow the signs and turn right on Blvd de los Aztecas Sur. This will take you directly to the border.
Driving to Baja? Don’t forget your Mexican auto insurance! Discover Baja has premium Mexican auto insurance at discounted rates. Visit www.discoverbajaonline.com or call 800-727-2252 for more information.