- This event has passed.
Pesca la Baja Fishing Tournament: Bahía de los Angeles
July 24, 2015 - July 25, 2015
The Bahía de los Angeles segment of the “Pesca la Baja” fishing tournament will take place July 24 & 25, 2015.
For more information: www.pescalabaja.com
- Sport fishing State Championship “PESCA LA BAJA” 2015 edition, will take place in two categories.
SURFACE: Yellow Fin Tuna, Big Eye, Albacore, Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Yellow Tail, Pacific Sierra and Sea Bass.
BOTTOM: all species except Rays, Shark and protected species.
- Participants that deliver the biggest and heaviest fish for each category will be declared winner for each tournament.
- There will be 5 tournaments for the state championship of Sport fishing “PESCA LA BAJA” 2015 edition.
|1. Tournament||San Felipe, B.C.||May 22 and 23|
|2. Tournament||San Luis Gonzaga, B.C.||June 26 and 27|
|3. Tournament||Bahía de los Ángeles, B.C.||July 24 and 25|
|4. Tournament||San Quintín, B.C.||August 21 and 22|
|5. Tournament||Ensenada, B.C. GRAND FINALE||September 18 and 19|
- Departure and arrival of vessels, as well as weight check, will be in the following locations:
|San Felipe, B.C.||Dársena (exit embarkation)|
|San Luis Gonzaga, B.C.||Hotel Alfonsinas|
|Bahía de los Ángeles, B.C.||Public Ramp|
|San Quintín, B.C.||Old Mill (Molino Viejo)|
|Ensenada, B.C.||Sport fishing pier (API)|
- Schedules and locations for registration of participants, vessel arrivals, Captain Reunions, weight check and tournament awards, will be established based on operational dynamics of each of the sites, this information will be available in our official site for the championship www.pescalabaja.com and www.facebook.com/pescalabaja
- Fish Captures will be randomly opened after being weighted by the judges and auxiliaries. After this, the species will be checked by authorized biologists.
- The cost per participant of each of the four tournaments will be $600.00 Mexican pesos (adults) and $200.00 Mexican pesos (children under 12 years old).
- Awarding Prizes will be given in two categories (surface and bottom) and paid in money and in kind up to fifth place based on a point adding system. Both categories will also be rewarded for catching the heaviest species. There will be Prize Drawings and surprises for each tournament. Protected or prohibited species are not included.