Posts Tagged: Misión Santa Rosa de las Palmas

The Spanish Missions on the California Peninsula: #13, Santa Rosa de las Palmas (1733-1748)

By David Kier www.vivabaja.com Co-author of ‘The Old Missions of Baja & Alta California, 1697-1834’    In 1724, Padre Jaime Bravo of the mission at La Paz heard of a ranchería (settlement) of Uchití natives (a Guaycura Indian group) some 50 miles to the south and two miles from the Pacific Ocean. Padre Bravo found the… Read more »