If you are looking for Mexican auto insurance policy with liability coverage to drive various vehicles, a driver’s license policy may be a good option for you. Many people who choose this policy drive older vehicles or vehicles that are already paid off. Driver’s license policies cover the driver or drivers listed on the policy but do not cover damage to your vehicle or theft.
Features of a driver’s license policy:
- Annual policy only
- U.S. or Canadian driver’s licenses are eligible
- Liability-only coverage. No collision or theft available
- Up to three named drivers may be added onto a policy for no additional charge
- 24/7 toll-free bilingual hotlines to call for roadside, legal and claims assistance
- Medical expenses for occupants in your vehicle
- Roadside Assistance: towing, medical evacuation and plane tickets home if your car is not drivable
- Legal Assistance (includes attorney fees, court costs and/or bail bond, with nothing out-of-pocket) is always provided with your policy at no additional cost
- Towing service (up to $300 on a reimbursement basis), to the nearest garage where repairs can be made.
- Policy will cover you while driving a car, truck, SUV or van.
- Policy will not cover you while driving: ATV, bus, rental car, motorcycle, commercial vehicle, or a vehicle with Mexican plates.
- No towed units are allowed
Driver’s license policies only cover the driver or drivers listed on the policy and do not cover the vehicle itself. Therefore unless a driver is named on your driver’s license policy, they will not be covered while driving your vehicle.