Discover Baja is pleased to offer Mexican auto insurance for your car, truck, SUV or van. Both full coverage and liability-only policies are available. These policies are for tourist-use only and are not valid to cover Mexican-plated vehicles or vehicles used for commercial use. Your vehicle will also not be covered when driven by a person who has only a Mexican drivers license.
We are pleased to offer the following features with our policies for cars, trucks, SUVs and vans:
- Daily, six month, annual or special 90 or 120-day policies (exclusive to Discover Baja members only!)
- Claims are settled in U.S. dollars and repairs may be made to your vehicle in the U.S., Canada or Mexico.
- 24/7 toll-free bilingual hotlines to call for roadside, legal and claims assistance.
- Any driver with a non-Mexican drivers license is covered while driving the vehicle
- Medical expenses for occupants in your vehicle
- Roadside Assistance: towing, medical evacuation and plane tickets home if your car is not drivable
- Legal Assistance (includes attorney fees, court costs and/or bail bond, with nothing out-of-pocket) is always provided with your policy at no additional cost
- Towing service (up to $300 on a reimbursement basis), to the nearest garage where repairs can be made.
- Partial theft and vandalism covered with ACE Platinum and HDI Premier policies
- Liability coverage with both combined single limit for medical and property and split limits for excess death liability. This gives you more flexibility in how you’re able to use your coverage.
- The option of a fixed deductible
In order for a vehicle to be eligible for full coverage Mexican auto insurance, the value on the vehicle must be worth over $3,000 and under 20 years of age. Liability-only policies are still available for vehicles that do not meet these requirements. If you have a vehicle that is more than 20 years old, and over $3,000 in value that you would like full coverage for, you may call us at 800-727-2252 and request approval.
Any towed boat, trailer, vehicle etc. must be declared on the policy. If this is not done, all coverage will be voided in case of an accident. The towing disclosure and coverage can be added to any existing policy by calling the Discover Baja office 800-727-2252.
Do not under-insure your vehicle! You want to insure your vehicle for the Actual Cash Value – which can quickly be determined by using Kelley Blue Book or NADA Guides. We recommend using the higher retail value, because you do not want to risk underinsuring your vehicle.
Personal contents in your vehicle are not covered by any Mexican auto insurance policies. We recommend you check with your homeowners policy to see if belongings are covered.