We had a magnificent six nights in the Ensenada/Estero Beach/GV areas. We had three private concerts (first at Adobe Guadalupe Winery in the salon of Tru Miller’s residence, second at our space in the Estero Beach Hotel’s RV Park for about 20 people, third at the Jireh Restaurant). The latter two included the best saxophonist I have heard in many years. All three included the inimitable 19 year-old opera singing phenom, Juan Avila.
You often make food recommendations in the DB newsletter. Here are some for YOU:
1. Mariscos de Baja California (across from the McDonald’s in Ensenada). Their deep-fried whole red snapper at $10.00 is incredible!
2. The Estero Beach Hotel Restaurant: their grilled Mako shark plate is sumptuous, and their beautifully presented and ample fish ceviche tostadas are a steal at 20 pesos. We did not try their new Sunday buffet at $10.00 U.S., but we heard many favorable comments.
3. The Jireh Restaurant in Ensenada: Their very lean and 1″ thick ribeye steak was a hit on two consecutive nights with our group of twelve, as well as with a couple of Mexicali dentists we invited to join us. The fish plates were also great.
4. Alfredo Perez’ Tapanco in south Rosarito is always good, as you well know. I believe Tapanco is #1 of 36 rated restaurants in Rosarito.
5. Tacos El Gerente in Rosarito (first parallel side street east of Benito Juarez) is awesome and always consistent in quality and portions. It has replaced Tacos Yaqui as our fave and the fave of our kids and friends.
6. Rosarito Beach Hotel Restaurant: The Eggs Benedict at $4.50 U.S. are great, and a real bargain. Kids (and others, who enjoy a good malt or milkshake), should try one of the milkshakes. I especially like the strawberry/banana one at $2.50 U.S. Their Teriyaki chicken “Getaway Entree” is a good value at $8.50 U.S., and their large fresh fruit platter at $4.50 U.S. (with granola and vanilla yogurt at no extra charge) is easily enough for two!!! The delicious and refreshing mango margarita is a real bargain at $3.50 U.S., and much better than their regular margarita.
If you have a trip report you’d like to share, please email it (along with any photos) to email@example.com