The Baja Peninsula is a popular destination for travelers with RVs and motorhomes. With the warm winter weather, beautiful beaches, delicious food, outdoor activities, and Mexican hospitality, Baja is a perfect spot for snowbirds and adventurous travelers.
RV Parks with Full Hookups
There are over 100 RV friendly campsites throughout Baja California. These facilities range from minimal campgrounds to large RV parks with full hook ups. Check out our picks for some Baja RV parks with full hookups on the peininsula. Discover Baja members receive discounts at RV parks and campsites through the Baja peninsula.
Mexican Auto Insurance for your RV
Discover Baja is pleased to offer Mexican auto insurance for your motorhome or RV. Both full coverage and liability-only policies are available. Our special super-saver policies (available only for Discover Baja members) are valid for a full year and can save you hundreds of dollars if you will be spending less than 90 or 120 days out of the year in Baja. You can learn more or get a quote on our Mexican Auto Insurance for RVs and Motorhomes Page.
Resources for RVing in Baja
- We recommend getting a copy of the book “Camping Mexico’s Baja” by Mike & Terri Church for a full list of campsites and RV parks on the peninsula.
- A good Baja map is another important essential.
DBTC Insider Tips for RVing in Baja
- For large RVs and motorhomes (and/or if you are towing units), the Mexicali East border crossing is an easy border crossing to use because there is plenty of space and the border crossing avoids the congestion of town.
- Diesel gas is available throughout the peninsula. Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) is widely available throughout most of Baja California (Norte), but is currently not available in Baja California Sur.
- Roads can be narrow and windy along highway Mexico 1. It’s especially important for larger vehicles to drive slowly (we recommend keeping it under 50 mph) and only during daylight hours.
- As with driving any vehicle in Baja, it’s recommended that you bring spare parts for your rig as specific parts can be difficult to find in certain areas of the peninsula.